Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline Virgin Galactic—the space company founded by billionaire Richard Branson—is scheduled to take its second fully crewed flight into space Thursday, in the company's last test flight with employees before it plans to start flying customers next month. Key Facts Virgin Galactic said Wednesday the objective of Thursday's trip was to conduct a final assessment of the "spaceflight system and astronaut experience" before it begins commercial service at the end of June. The flight, which is the company's fifth to date, will take off from Spaceport America in New Mexico Thursday morning. Tangent Thursday's flight will mark the first full flight since Branson went to space in 2021. After that flight, the Federal Aviation Administration learned there was a mishap during Branson's trip to space that caused the spacecraft to deviate from its "assigned airspace," and opened an investigation into the matter. The regulator then grounded the company's operations for a month and a half to investigate. Virgin Galactic then paused operations for nearly 16 months to complete a previously planned enhancement program designed to “improve vehicle performance and flight-rate capability,” the company said . Key Background Virgin Galactic was founded in 2004, and… Read full this story
- Photos: Virgin Galactic’s Unity Spacecraft Completes Final Test Before Adding Rocket Power
- 3-Hour Supersonic Flights From New York to London Are Just Around the Corner
- NASA targets October for next SpaceX Crew Dragon launch to space station
- NASA astronauts cap historic ‘odyssey’ aboard SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule
- NASA: Jeanette Epps will become first Black astronaut to join ISS crew
- Unexpectedly calm cloud of 'halo gas' is revealed around an enormous galaxy four BILLION light years from Earth by mysterious energy pulse
- Rolls-Royce aircraft engine fix will take 'some years'
- SpaceX Crew Dragon Astronauts Return Home in First Water Landing Since 1975
- Final voyage of incredible hulk: Last surviving D-Day tank landing craft arrives in Southsea ahead of move to museum after 300-ton vessel was restored in £4.7million project
- Japan aims to send flying cars into Tokyo skies in only three years
Virgin Galactic Plans First Fully Crewed Space Flight In 2 Years—Ahead Of Commercial Liftoff have 352 words, post on www.forbes.com at May 24, 2023. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.