Mandy Patinkin. Photo: Erik McGregor/LightRocket via Getty Images Revisit our previous coverage of the WGA's strike against the AMPTP as it hits 101 days. Hollywood royalty is on the side of labor. The Writers Guild of America called for a strike on May 2 after negotiations for fair pay and streaming-era regulations broke down, leaving late-night and variety television immediately impacted, the future of your favorite show an open question, reality and animated TV the only sure things … and no Pete Davidson–hosted SNL episode . Celebrities voiced their support for the strike in the days and weeks leading up to the anticipated walkout, but the first Monday in May proved to be the most fruitful moment to get them on the record about the then-potential seismic event. "Everything changed with streaming, and everyone needs to be compensated for their work," Amanda Seyfried told Variety on the Met Gala red carpet. "It's fucking easy. I don't get it." Jimmy Fallon, who also attended the fashion extravaganza, said he "wouldn't have a show if it wasn't for my writers, and I support them all the way." Game of Thrones mastermind George R.R. Martin expressed support for the writers in a blog… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Celebrities stand back and pass the mic to the experts
- Mick Jagger 'left date with Angelina Jolie to have one-night stand with Farah Fawcett'
- Lana Del Rey stands by her statement and accuses critics of 'trying to start race war'
- Big 3 Agencies Claim “Resounding Victory” After Judge Dismisses WGA’s Antitrust Claims; Union Looks Ahead – Update
- Big 3 Talent Agencies Ask Judge To Dismiss Remainder Of WGA’s Packaging Lawsuit
- 'This photo was taken only a few weeks ago': Stand-up comedian Joel Creasey reveals his heartbreaking loss as he shares touching Instagram post
- America casts COVID caution to the wind as revelers hit beaches again after heavy Memorial Day weekend celebrations, but bad weather keeps numbers down while some party a little TOO much
- Michelle Keegan 'rules out Strictly and replacing Holly Willoughby as Celebrity Juice captain to focus on big dramas'
- JoJo Siwa Ditches Her Ponytail for a New Hairstyle to Celebrate Her 17th Birthday
- Tim Allen Celebrates Fox Renewing ‘Last Man Standing’ for Ninth Season
Celebrities Are Standing With the WGA have 377 words, post on www.vulture.com at August 10, 2023. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.