This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate 20 KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian missiles struck cities and villages in eastern and southern Ukraine, hitting homes, a school and a community center on Tuesday as Russian President Vladimir Putin traveled to Iran to discuss a U.N.-backed proposal to unblock exports of Ukrainian grain. In Kramatorsk, a city in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk province considered a likely Russian occupation target, one person was killed and 10 wounded in an airstrike that hit a five-story apartment building, regional Gov. Pavlo Kyrylenko said. Fresh blood stained the concrete amid green leaves shorn off trees as nearby apartments on at least two floors burned. Shrapnel was placed in a small pile near an empty playground. "There was no one here. Everything is ruined," said Halyna Maydannyk, a resident of one burned apartment. "Who knows why they're doing this? We were all living peacefully." Kramatorsk residents Mykola Zavodovskyi and Tetiana Zavodovska stood in bandages outside a hospital. They heard a loud clap and went to their balcony to investigate, then everything exploded and the windows shattered. "Probably it was a rocket, and probably it was brought down by Ukrainian forces," Zavodovska said. The… Read full this story
- Trump says meeting with Russia, pal Vladimir Putin ‘would be wonderful’
- President Trump, Vladimir Putin hold phone call to talk about North Korea, Syria, other security issues
- President Trump, Vladimir Putin hold phone call on North Korea, Syria, other security issues
- President Obama, Vladimir Putin briefly talk Ukraine and Syria at economic summit in Peru
- Trump on Russia election meddling: Putin 'did not do what they are saying he did'
- Russia, US, Syria: Time to Talk
- Turkey's Erdogan holds talks with leaders on lowering Qatar tension: sources
- Russia Says It Does Not Know What Donald Trump Means When He Said Moscow Should Do Something 'Good' for U.S.
- The Trump-Russia Facts Lead To Only One Reasonable Conclusion
- Putin: Russia 'Must Respond' to U.S. Missile Systems on Its Borders, But NATO Says You 'Cannot Compare'
Russia pounds Ukraine as Putin holds talks in Tehran have 340 words, post on www.chron.com at July 19, 2022. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.