Published 3 hours ago Share close Share page Copy link About sharing A series of parties allegedly held in Downing Street and other government departments during Covid restrictions are being investigated by senior civil servant Sue Gray. Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the report will be published next week, but what exactly is Ms Gray looking at and what powers does she have? Ms Gray is currently second permanent secretary at the Cabinet Office, reporting to the UK’s most senior civil servant, Simon Case. A civil servant is someone who helps the government carry out its policies. Ms Gray’s past experience includes an investigation of senior government minister Damian Green in 2017, which prompted his resignation . Sue Gray: A profile of the senior civil servant According to media reports, 16 gatherings allegedly took place in either Downing Street – where the prime minister lives and works – or other government departments during the Covid pandemic. There was a Downing Street garden drinks event on 20 May 2020 , where Mr Johnson said he stayed for 25 minutes to thank staff for their work. This was despite legal restrictions and guidelines being in place to limit the spread of coronavirus…. Read full this story
- Boris Johnson's declarations for the Downing Street flat refurb will be published at the end of the month
- Downing Street bomb threat: Whitehall locked down as Boris Johnson prepares for PMQs
- U.K. PM Boris Johnson invites MPs for drinks at Downing Street with ‘COVID pass’
- Dominic Cummings leaves Downing street ‘for good’ with cardboard box
- Boris Johnson covered Downing Street flat renovation from his own pocket, says Liz Truss
- Downing Street: Millions spent on new media briefing room
- Downing Street press briefing room pictures revealed
- Downing Street scraps plans for White House-style press briefings
- Boris Johnson away from Downing Street for four-night break in west England - but 'continuing to work'
- Shotgun blast at illegal Birmingham street party leaves at least five injured
Downing Street party: When will Sue Gray's report be published? have 312 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.