Victoria has recorded 1,232 new local COVID-19 cases and nine deaths as the number of suspected cases of the Omicron variant being investigated by health authorities grows. One case of Omicron was confirmed in hotel quarantine yesterday, from a fully vaccinated traveller from the Netherlands who arrived via Abu Dhabi. The number of suspected cases of the Omicron variant in the community has grown from two to four, with one case under investigation in the local government area of Casey, one in Wyndham, and two in Brimbank. Health authorities have not revealed if the two new suspected Omicron cases are linked to those announced yesterday . All of the suspected cases returned results with an S gene dropout, which is a sign of the Omicron variant. Three of the cases are not linked to international travel. Authorities and contact tracers have been taking a “conservative approach” to designate close contacts of the cases, which have included non-household contacts. Some of them have been asked to quarantine for 14 days, while others need to test and isolate until a negative result is returned. Wastewater testing from Melbourne Airport dating back to December 1 and 2 has also detected the Omicron variant, which the health department has said… Read full this story
- 'Release my arm! What do you think you are doing?': Transcript from 'recording of Khashoggi murder' reveals hit squad member warned: 'Traitor! You will be brought to account'
- New York City adopts ranked-choice voting for some races
- First Vaping-Related Death Reported In New Jersey
- NYPD to proceed with disciplinary proceedings in Eric Garner case if feds don't announce criminal charges
- Killer flu season warning: Sick people are warned to stay home as death toll from the virus continues to soar
- Suspected East Area Rapist to appear in court as sadistic portrait emerges
- Revealed: 39 Chinese migrants found in death trap lorry had travelled 5,000 miles and may have been locked in airless, freezing trailer for DAYS
- Lifting the curtain on the 'freak show': New book reveals stories behind Victorian circus acts' unusual celebrities, from a dwarf who was 'served' in a pie to the Mexican 'baboon lady'
- Fury as police 'threaten to ARREST locals' for tearing down family flowers left after 'tragic death' of burglar while fire brigade fit smoke alarms in house OAP has had to flee due to fear of reprisals from travellers
- Dog thief is beaten to death by furious villagers after being caught stealing their pets in China
Victoria records 1,232 new local COVID-19 cases and nine deaths as number of suspected Omicron cases grows have 397 words, post on www.abc.net.au at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.