Brutal scenes continue to unfold in the country as desperate Afghans and their families try to flee. As the Taliban shoot dead protesters and whip crowds in Afghanistan after initial charm offensive, many mothers have been throwing their babies over wire fences to get them to safety. A Parachute Regiment officer recalled the situation, saying: "The mothers were desperate , they were getting beaten by the Taliban . They shouted 'save my baby' and threw the babies at us, some of the babies fell on the barbed wire. It was awful what happened. By the end of the night there wasn't one man among us who was not crying". The Baron hotel, near the Kabul airport , has become the focal point where Afghans seeking refuge to go to the UK have been gathering. There are other points across Afghanistan that citizens can reach to be evacuated. Read our Afghanistan live blog below for the latest news & updates… Joseph Gamp 7 minutes ago HOW DOES TALIBAN FUND ITSELF? The Taliban is said to hold a war chest worth $US1.6billion (£1.2billion) to fund its fight in Afghanistan. Money comes in from a variety of sources including drugs, real estate and… Read full this story
- Fall 101: The best things to do, see, hear, taste, buy & experience this season!
- India terror group, Lashkar-e-Taiba, the new Al Qaeda?
- From the archives: Snapshots of New York's mood after 9/11
- Editorials: The Fighting 69th
- The best films of the '00s
- Fear, loathing and hope mingle for Israelis spooked by Gaza protests, kites
- Saturday's Best Deals: Eco-Friendly Chargers, Anki Overdrive, Star Trek Blowout, And More
- Thursday's Best Deals: $5 Wine, Custom Suits, Massive Networking Sale, and More
- The Oscar champ is a ticket out of poverty for two young stars
Afghanistan news latest – Taliban TERROR sees desperate mums throw tiny babies over barbed wire into Brit soldiers’ arms have 292 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 19, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.