Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a bill into law on Saturday that limits the private funding of election administration in the state. Abbott, a Republican, tweeted that the new law "bans private groups like the one supported by Zuckerberg from spending millions like Zuckerberg and others did in Texas." I just signed a law banning "Zuckerbucks" in Texas. It bans private groups like the one supported by Zuckerberg from spending millions to administer elections like Zuckerberg & others did in Texas. That is a government function not to be messed with by election influencers. — Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) June 12, 2021 The law, HB 2283 , prohibits "the joint elections commission, county election commission, and county election board," of any county in the state from: …accept[ing] a contribution of $1,000 or more, including the value of in-kind donations, offered by . . a private individual, a business entity [such as] a corporation, partnership, or trust, or another third party, or us[ing] [such a contribution] to perform a function of administering elections. . . without the written consent of the secretary of state." The law further states: The secretary of state may grant consent . . . only if the secretary consults… Read full this story
- University of Texas at Austin Could Face Lawsuits Over Campus Carry
- Texas adopts 'Blue Alert' to use when officers killed
- Election 2019: Who are the Scots who won't vote?
- Election 2019: Digging into NI parties' manifestos
- General election 2019: Who is paying for the election?
- Harvey tests political opposites in Texas’ Abbott, Turner
- Texas Residents File Lawsuit Against San Antonio Banning Chick-Fil-A From Airport
- Budget 2015: Arts funding to get shake-up with $100m program to support 'endowments, international touring'
- General Election 2019: What Britain would look like if Marxist Jeremy Corbyn got elected on December 12
- California Bans State-Funded Travel To Iowa. Ted Cruz Hilariously Educates Them.
Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Law Limiting Private Funding of Election Admin. have 297 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.