People Exclusive The Indiana Jones actress says “it’s extraordinary” that people are still watching and talking about the iconic film and her memorable character Marion Products in this story are independently selected and featured editorially. If you make a purchase using these links we may earn commission. Advertisement Karen Allen Credit: Sunset Boulevard/Corbis via Getty; Phillip Faraone/Getty Four decades into her acclaimed film career, actress Karen Allen still can’t believe she ever ended up in movies to begin with. “I was 22 and I had imagined I would just be a theater actor and live in New York,” she tells PEOPLE. “Films, to me, seemed like 3,000 miles away.” Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. That one of her first film roles happened to be in a movie that launched one of the most successful film franchises of all time – Indiana Jones – still blows her mind. Raiders of the Lost Ark all these years later. “It’s amazing, and wonderful. It’s just one of those films that seems like it gets passed from generation to generation, and it stayed very beloved.” RELATED:… Read full this story
- Recreating The Raiders of the Lost Ark Reveal That Melted A Thousand Faces
- Indiana Jones actor Karen Allen: "I was cast as Marion and we had no Indy"
- turns 40, and it’s still an unqualified masterpiece
- 50 actors you didn't know were cut out of iconic movies
- Pirates of the Caribbean character was heavily inspired by Indiana Jones hero
- I Actually Read Woody Allen’s Memoir
- 'This Week' Transcript: Donald Trump, Vice President Joe Biden, and Ret. Gen. John Allen
- 'Café Society' and the Twilight of Woody Allen
- 'This Week' Transcript: Rudy Giuliani, Gen. John Allen, and Secretary Jeh Johnson
- Snapshots of some of the lives lost to COVID-19 in the US
Raiders of the Lost Ark Is 40! Karen Allen Reflects on Her Iconic Character: 'She's Who I Aspire to Be' have 310 words, post on people.com at June 26, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.