Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the meeting. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on February 12 said supervision and quarantine work is the most important work at present to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19). Speaking at a meeting in Hanoi, Dam, who is also head of the national steering committee for prevention and control of acute respiratory disease caused by Covid-19, said localities must work to stamp out any outbreak, prevent disease transmission in community or at hospital. The number of Covid-19 infections in Vietnam remains few at 15, and there are positive signs in treatment. However, the disease is expected to continue developing complicatedly and there is a very high risk of outbreak, the Deputy PM said. In such circumstances, Deputy PM Dam asked competent forces to step up the communication work to raise the awareness of quarantined people about their responsibility towards their families and society. He instructed ministries and agencies to coordinate with and provide support in human resources and medical equipment for northern Vinh Phuc province, which have the most Covid-19 cases so far (ten as of February 11), to localize and stamp out the… Read full this story
- As Hong Kong tightens screws on rebellion, democracy moves further out of reach
- PM pledges to invest in communities who ‘have been ignored’ with £1.6bn fund
- Ministers fear Irish lobby influence over US post-Brexit trade deal
- Chronic wasting disease threatens Missouri's $1 billion deer hunting culture
- France summons Italy over 'baseless' Africa remarks on migration
- Seven global trends to watch in 2019
- Daily on Energy: Pressure mounting against White House climate panel
- Vanderbilt basketball: Simi Shittu's surge, bigger crowds, other things to expect in 2019
- What to expect from Vanderbilt basketball in 2019, including Simi Shittu's surge, bigger crowds
- What’s Really Happening to Uighurs in Xinjiang?
Deputy PM instructs tightening supervision to curb spread of Covid-19 have 296 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.