Photo: Ryan Pfluger The Spring of 2002 found me fresh out of NYU with a theater degree and an unfinished women's-studies minor. Ready to take on the world! I wasn't too worried that I didn't have a job because I was 100 percent certain that fame of an epic proportion was just around the corner. A celebrity so debilitating that I felt I should savor these last anonymous days. But in the mean and between time, I needed money. A steady employment ship sailed into harbor in the form of a very thin, manic, reflexive documentary filmmaker named Barbara Monette, who'd never made one film. She "needed" a personal assistant, and her main requirement was that I feel comfortable "cheering her on" via speakerphone while she ran on a treadmill at Equinox. Jackpot. It became immediately clear to me that Barbara had an issue with food. I wouldn't see her eat anything for days at a time. She would drink six cups of coffee, which made her jittery and aggressive and frankly mean. She regularly accused me of stealing, which I would never do. I told her I only ever stole hearts! She would pace and ramble around the office,… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Major supermarkets to return £1.7bn in business rates relief
- Co-op faces member pressure to hand back £70m rates relief after 'arena splurge'
- Bernie Sanders slams Pelosi and Dems for stalling Covid relief and second round of $1,200 stimulus checks under Trump
- US records over 14 million coronavirus cases
- The £1.7billion cash back deal: Asda vows to repay £340m from Covid tax break becoming latest supermarket to return savings in 24 hours after Tesco, Aldi, Sainsbury's and Morrisons
- Aldi becomes fourth supermarket to agree to hand back more than £100million in tax breaks
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: Nov. 27-Dec. 3
- Stimulus Funding Needed for Mass Transit Systems Nationwide to Avoid Service Cuts
- Democrats Should (Probably) Take the New Bipartisan Stimulus Deal
- Daily Horoscope: 10 December 2020
‘The Relief Outweighed the Regret’ have 330 words, post on www.vulture.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.