McDonald’s have vowed to crackdown on “speed of service” competitions after workers told Sky News the contests were making it impossible to follow the chain’s COVID safety rules. Pre-pandemic restaurants regularly competed with each other and could see live data and leader boards on screens in their kitchens. However, McDonald’s UK had said the competitions should not be happening during COVID-19 so that colleagues could concentrate on working safely. Live COVID updates from across the UK and around the world A Sky News investigation has now been contacted by workers in restaurants in Greater Manchester, Merseyside, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Kent. Advertisement Most say they are exasperated at the lack of social distancing among staff, some said temperature checks had not taken place for months and that hand washing was not happening every thirty minutes as McDonald’s had promised. Now a worker in Daventry, Northamptonshire has shown Sky News a message they received in mid-February, when UK infection rates were still very high, encouraging staff to “smash it this Saturday!” More on Covid-19 Billy Gilmour: Scotland midfielder will miss final Euro 2020 group match against Croatia after positive COVID test COVID-19: Remaining restrictions in England ‘unlikely’ to be… Read full this story
- Microsoft Azure: Everything you need to know about Redmond's cloud service
- You won't believe where McDonald's opened its first drive-thru
- Tidal: Jay Z’s new streaming service makes a big splash with launch, but will it sink or swim against competition?
- Pay: New service allows U.S. workers to get paid daily instead of weekly
- Best TV streaming service 2019: compare your cord cutting options
- 4 customer service transformations: What the C-suite needs to know
- Apple TV+ paid service: The company's latest big bet
- Democrats need to do more than pay lip service to reclaim blue collar constituents
- Department of Small Business Services giving grants to train, hire workers
- Toyota faces probe after massive safety recall; Honda also recalls models
'COVID safety has gone out the window': McDonald's clamp down on service competitions have 318 words, post on news.sky.com at March 23, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.