A version of this story appeared in CNN’s Pop Life Chronicles newsletter. To get it in your inbox, sign up for free here . Tell us what you’d like to see more of in the newsletter at [email protected] . (CNN) Let’s be clear right from the top — celebrating Black stories and Black creators should be a to-do 365 days a year. Of course, it’s February. So what better time to learn the history of Black excellence than during Black History Month? Amid America’s reckoning on race, streaming platforms are putting Black storytelling front and center . And it’s not just your typical historical fare like the hit “Roots” or “Selma.” More from Pop Life Chronicles Love for Britney Spears is late in coming, but powerful Asians in Hollywood more visible than ever ‘The next Taylor Swift’ is not what the world needs When it comes to Black history, it’s important to recognize the traumatic struggle Black people have faced for centuries — and continue to face even in 2021. But as my CNN colleague John Blake has pointed out, there are so many slices of Black life that are filled with beauty and joy . So if there is… Read full this story
- Why is it called Black Friday? Real history behind shopping extravaganza
- Apple Watch Series 7 Black Friday deal sees lowest-ever price
- Watch Drake's Black and White Video for 'Knife Talk'
- Watch Drake’s Black and White Video for ‘Knife Talk’
- The Loop: Police fear for baby's welfare, Aussie men's cricket captain confirmed and watch out for Black Friday tricks
- Best Apple Watch Series 6 Black Friday Deals: Save £110
- Best Black Friday Apple Watch SE Deals right now
- Best Black Friday Apple Watch Deals available right now
- Judas and the Black Messiah review: Daniel Kaluuya delivers a dominating performance
- Judas and the Black Messiah: How Daniel Kaluuya was ‘tested’ in Chicago Black Panther role
Watch more than just 'Judas and the Black Messiah' this Black History Month have 310 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.