Representative Jamie Raskin, a Democrat from Maryland, speaks in the Senate Chamber, Feb. 10, 2021. Photo: Senate Television/Bloomberg via Getty Images Former president Donald Trump's impeachment trial over inciting the January 6 Capitol riot is underway. Below, in reverse chronological order, are the latest updates on the trial as it plays out. Representative Jamie Raskin argued that Trump's actions on January 6, were a "culmination of the president's actions, not an aberration from them." He described how Trump encouraged violence against his political enemies for years, and even continued attacking Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer following a foiled plot to kidnap her in the weeks before the 2020 election. "My dear colleagues, is there any political leader in this room who believes that if he is ever allowed by the Senate to get back into the Oval Office, Donald Trump would stop inciting violence to get his way?" Raskin asked. "Would you bet the lives of more police officers on that? Would you bet the safety of your family on that? Would you bet the future of your democracy on that?" Raskin noted that even after the January 6 attack, Trump "declared his conduct totally appropriate." "So, if he gets back… Read full this story
- Canadian magazine lit fuse for Wall Street protest
- Tsunami anniversary: Live Report
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR FEB. 1-10 (daily updated)
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 15 - 31(daily updated)
- Japan offers vessels to Vietnam to boost its sea strength
- Social News 17/7
- Social News 5/2
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 23/2
- Galaxy S3 beats iPhone 5 for best device of 2012
- Evil schemes under the cover of the "press freedom"
Managers Say Trump ‘Lit the Fuse’ for Capitol Riot: Live Updates have 273 words, post on nymag.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.