Although the Academy Award-winning Regina King needs no introduction, she could use (as we all could) a little crowd work from Kenan Thompson's hype man. King made her Saturday Night Live debut last night, and noted right off the bat, "If you're Black you probably know me from being in some of your favorite movies. If you're white you probably know me from Watchmen or this monologue." She goes over the tips Lorne Michaels apparently gave her ("play the race card") and mentioned her nerves. Thompson then came out to give her a hand, dressed in Run-DMC hat and chains, and helpfully encouraged the crowd to cheer after her every punchline. But King, a trained actor, "doesn't need all that." "My bad. It's your world, queen," Thompson replies, and he's right.
- Why Copy is Not King
- Sole Treadmills - Are Sole Treadmills Worth All the Hype?
- LeBron James - King of Cleveland
- HBO's Watchmen TV Show Has the Volatility of Kerosene
- All the New and Returning Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, and Otherwise Geeky TV Shows Coming This Fall
- On the Fast Track in Phoenix
- Nights of Passion and Pleasure in Scandinavia's Opera Houses
- From Nature to Culture - Salt Lake City Has it All
- Christmas in Lanzarote
- Mixed Martial Arts Vs Boxing - Is MMA UFC Fighting Boxing's Successor?
Get Hyped for Regina King’s First have 230 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 14, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.