Although the Academy Award–winning Regina King needs no introduction, she could use (as we all could) a little crowd work from Kenan Thompson's hype man. King made her Saturday Night Live debut last night, and noted right off the bat, "If you're Black you probably know me from being in some of your favorite movies. If you're white you probably know me from Watchmen or this monologue." She goes over the tips Lorne Michaels apparently gave her ("play the race card") and mentioned her nerves. Thompson then came out to give her a hand, dressed in a Run-DMC hat and chains, and helpfully encouraged the crowd to cheer after her every punchline. But King, a trained actor, "doesn't need all that." "My bad. It's your world, queen," Thompson replies, and he's right.
- Netflix Unveils ‘Tiger King’ & ‘Money Heist’ Blockbuster Viewership With Earnings Report
- Tiger King bikinis are sweeping Instagram as sunbathers strip off in animal print swimwear
- 2019 NBA Draft: Is drafting Zion Williamson worth all the hype that will come with taking him No. 1?
- Enable holds off Crystal Ocean in epic duel to win King George at Ascot
- Agents of SHIELD Trends As Fans Get Hyped for Final Season Premiere
- Quarantine Watch Party Fam is Hyped For Spider-Man: Far From Home
- 'He flew to Melbourne for no reason!' Fan favourite Reynold Poernomo returns to Masterchef... but viewers are left furious when the dessert king doesn’t even get a chance to cook
- Cast of the movie 'Friday': Where are they now 25 years later?
- Deontay Wilder claims costume weight fatigued his legs in loss to Tyson Fury
- Noel Edmonds stuns I’m a Celebrity stars as he enters the jungle as camp leader
Get Hyped for Regina King’s First have 298 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 14, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.