Photo: Bennett Raglin/BET/Getty Images Bobby Shmurda was released from prison today, New York prison officials said. The Brooklyn rapper, legal name Ackquille Pollard, “was conditionally released from Clinton Correctional Facility. Mr. Pollard will be under community supervision in Kings County until he completes his sentence on February 23, 2026,” a spokesperson for the New York Department of Corrections and Community Supervision told Vulture in an email. This morning’s development means that Pollard is leaving prison about ten months early. The path to Pollard’s early release was a bit winding, however. Prison officials denied him parole in September. Pollard was then “given a hold until the maximum expiration of his sentence on December 11, 2021,” authorities said at the time. In January, however, prison officials confirmed reports that Pollard might get an early release. They explained that Pollard had previously become ineligible for conditional release because of disciplinary issues. As a result of these issues, Pollard lost time allowances referred to as “good time,” which can enable early release. A committee reviewed Pollard’s situation, however, and ultimately decided to reinstate Pollard’s “good time,” meaning he was eligible for conditional release. Although Pollard left prison, he still has to serve the rest of… Read full this story
- EU Urges Nicaragua's Ortega to Release Prisoners Jailed Amid Protests - Reports
- Philadelphia City Councilman Bobby Henon Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Corruption Charges
- EXCLUSIVE: Bobbi Kristina Brown's ex-fiancé Nick Gordon overdosed but was revived just a month ago as friend reveals final spiral which ended in his New Year's Day death from 'black tar heroin'
- East Baton rouge prison health care headed to private company, despite pleas from nurses
- Baton Rouge prison nurses who asked for city-parish's help now at risk of losing jobs
- We don’t talk about ourselves: Bobby Deol
- There's nothing like a dream role: Bobby Deol
- One: The Mammootty Starrer Is A Vishu Release!
- Thug who told victim she'd 'need new teeth' contacted her hours after prison release
- Prisoner release and nuclear deal sees Iran sanctions lifted as US heralds ‘safer world’
Bobby Shmurda Has Been Released from Prison have 336 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.