0 Arts & Entertainment Cambridge Arts tripled funding for grants with support from the City of Cambridge for its current, 2020-2021 grants cycle. Press Release Desk , News Partner Posted Reply Press release from the City of Cambridge: February 25, 2021 Thirty-one projects will receive grants totaling $119,882 from Cambridge Arts and the City of Cambridge's Local Cultural Council Grants. This grassroots grants program, operated by the Massachusetts Cultural Council across the Commonwealth, supports Cambridge projects ranging from music to video to dance to literature. They represent the wealth of artistic activity across the city. Funded Cambridge projects highlight Indian poetry, Puerto Rican elders, voting rights, queer lives, climate change, and the Charles River. Grant-funded projects range from a queer Bible musical to a locally-made comics festival to a documentary about Rodney's Bookstore and Central Square. (See full list of grants below.) Cambridge Arts tripled funding for grants with support from the City of Cambridge for its current, 2020-2021 grants cycle. In addition to $28,500 in funding from the state arts agency, these new Cambridge Local Cultural Council Grants are supported by an additional $91,382 from the City of Cambridge–76 percent of the total. These grants join three new funding… Read full this story
- Houston Announces 4th Round Of Arts Grant Recipients For 2019
- Fetes and art grants set the stage for upcoming SF Symphony and SF Opera galas
- Classical music in L.A. this week: Salutes to Martin Luther King Jr. and more
- Real Lies, George the Poet, James Bay and more: the best new music stars of 2015
- Ruby Skye, Slide Nightclub to close, become music hall and bowling alley
- Local Theatre Stages New Adaptation of "The Jungle Book"
- A Louisiana celebration: Christopher Janney creates performance piece for Louisiana Art & Science Museum
- 10 of the Hottest Photographers In Dance Music Share Their Advice on Making It in the Scene
- The traditional Chinese dance troupe China doesn’t want you to see
- Interview: Expressive Arts Help Children Cope with Trauma
$119,882 In Cambridge Arts Grants Support Local Music, Dance, Videos, Literature have 319 words, post on patch.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.