Tesla has given the first look at its new tabless battery cell, dubbed 4680, and Roadrunner production line that, according to CEO Elon Musk, ’will make full-size cars in the same way to cars are made.’ The tabless battery was first unveiled in September during the firm’s Battery Day, but was only shown by Musk via a PowerPoint presentation. Now, the time has come for Musk to show the world what Tesla has been working on at its pilot battery factory in Fremont, Texas. The one-minute clip shows the white and blue battery moving through different assembly stages with the help of armed and wheeled robots. Tesla also used this opportunity to announce it is taking applications for manufacturing jobs at its planned battery facilities in Berlin and Texas. Scroll down for videos Tesla has given the first look at its new tabless battery cell, dubbed 4680, and Roadrunner production line The tabless cell was unveiled in September 2020 at Telsa’s Battery Day that was deemed a failure after Musk promised to cut electric costs so radically that a $25,000 self-driving electric car will be possible – but revealed it would not happen for at least three years. At the event,… Read full this story
- Elon Musk reveals he had doubts about Tesla's Cybertruck, but says he hopes people will see the design as 'a tank from the future'
- Controversial tech billionaire Elon Musk’s personal fortune ballooned $6.5 billion in one day
- Tesla to open Shanghai electric car factory, doubling its production
- Elon Musk hires AI subordinate that "reports directly" to him daily
- Elon Musk urges his Twitter followers to DELETE Facebook claiming it's 'lame' in latest swipe at his rival Mark Zuckerberg
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk to go on trial for calling British diver 'pedo' who rescued boys from Thai cave
- Elon Musk doesn’t care if potential employees graduated high school
- Elon Musk pits an army of Tesla fans against Wall Street analysts, short sellers
- Tesla Model 3 first drive: this is the car that Elon Musk promised
- Elon Musk agrees to have Tesla-related tweets pre-approved by lawyer
Tesla's Hot Wheels production line: Elon Musk shows off the workshop of giant casting machines that make cells for his electric cars have 337 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 18, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.