Synopsis The world’s poor face years of hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. Related Rags-to-riches story! This homeless high-school dropout became the CEO of a $1 billion company Azim Premji tops EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020, Shiv Nadar & Mukesh Ambani follow How India can get humongously rich. Quietly, cleverly mining iron from a giant asteroid should do the trick Mukesh Ambani continues to rule Hurun India Rich List for 9th consecutive year; Smita V Crishna richest woman LONDON: Billionaires including Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and Tesla founder Elon Musk have seen their wealth soar during the COVID-19 pandemic while the world’s poor face years of hardship, charity Oxfam said on Monday as it demanded steps to tackle inequality. Nations have a “shrinking window of opportunity” to build a fair, green recovery, according to “The Inequality Virus” report, published as global leaders tune in for the World Economic Forum ‘s virtual “Davos Dialogue” meeting. “We stand to witness the greatest rise in inequality since records began,” Gabriela Bucher, executive director of Oxfam International, said in a statement as the charity called for higher wealth taxes and stronger protections for workers. “Rigged economies are funnelling wealth to a rich elite who are… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Made Fun Of Jeff Bezos's Moon Plans. He Wasn't The Only One.
- Hinduja family tops Asian Rich List with £25.2 bn; LN Mittal at 2
- Reasons to Believe
- The private frontier: corporate space explorers stand by for a $1tn lift-off
- Fact-checking the sixth Democratic debate
- New-tech moguls: the modern robber barons?
- How Rocket Fuel Mined From The Moon Will Get Us to Mars
- Silicon Valley’s year of reckoning
- Power play: Mukesh Ambani, SRK, Ekta Kapoor get a spot on Variety's 500 Most-Important People list
- From Facebook fails to 5G, here are the biggest stories of the decade
Rich get richer in pandemic: Collective wealth of billionaires like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos reaches $11.95 trillion have 295 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.