Voters in Norway head to the polls Monday, the last day to cast ballots in the country’s parliamentary elections. The issues of climate change and economic inequality have dominated campaigning and the outcome could influence oil activities in Western Europe’s largest producer. What’s the likely outcome of the election? It is expected that the center-left opposition headed by the Labor Party will topple Prime Minister Erna Solberg’s Conservative Party, which has governed for the past eight years. Labor Party leader Jonas Gahr Stoere is projected to become the next prime Minister. The 61-year-old millionaire has campaigned against social inequality, Stoere previously served as foreign minister from 2005-2013 under then-Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, who is now NATO Secretary General. Labor will need support from two or more parties depending on how the vote goes to form a coalition. There are hopes within the Labor camp that the Center Party and the Socialist Left will win a majority which would be sufficient to avoid having the communist Red Party or the Green Party figure in the coalition. The leftward shift in Norway’s politics would also put Norway more on par politically with Scandinavian neighbors Denmark, Sweden and Finland. Watch video 26:06 Beneath the… Read full this story
- Live Cricket Score Saurashtra vs Bengal, SAU vs BEN, Ranji Trophy 2019-20 Final, Day 1, Rajkot, March 9 Match Time
- EU elections turnout rises as political landscape fragments
- Ill. early voting slow, boost from COVID-19 fears possible
- 'On behalf of the free world, thank you': The Queen pays tribute to D-Day heroes at 75th anniversary commemorations after veteran gets a standing ovation from Trump and world leaders for his moving speech
- Monster Energy Congratulates Its Athletes on Strong Performance at X Games Norway 2020
- 55 Years After Selma, Voting Rights Are Under Threat Again
- 5 things to know for March 9: Coronavirus, oil, White House, Greece, Election 2020
- US election poll tracker: Who is ahead - Clinton or Trump?
- Netanyahu’s future still uncertain after Israeli election
- Backers appeal 4-way split of voting proposal to high court
Norway sees final day of voting in election fought on oil have 334 words, post on www.dw.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.