What are the rules of the new South Africa travel ban? From 9am today, visitors arriving into England who have been in or travelled through South Africa in the previous 10 days will not be permitted entry and direct flights will be banned.British and Irish Nationals, visa holders and permanent residents arriving from South Africa will be able to enter but are required to self-isolate for 10 days along with their household The ban excludes cargo and freight without passengersAny exemptions usually in place – including for those related to employment – will not apply People who share a household with anyone self-isolating after returning from South Africa will now also need to self-isolate until 10 days have passed since anyone they live with was last in South AfricaThe Home Office will step up Border Force presence to ensure that those arriving to England from South Africa are compliant with the new restrictions Advertisement The final flight from South Africa to England touched down this morning, hours before a travel ban kicked in after the discovery of a new mutant coronavirus strain, with a top government scientist warning it could make vaccines less effective. The second mutated variant of coronavirus announced by Matt Hancock… Read full this story
- 4,000 Miles, Seven Countries: An African Adventure on Two Wheels
- Louisville Courier Journal's best investigative work of 2018
- Taken by Storm: There’s never a dull moment on a remote South Pacific Expedition
- What lies at the bottom of one of the deepest holes ever dug by man?
- America Is Racist. So What Do We Do Now? Activist Lawyer Bryan Stevenson Has Some Answers
- Foot of Snow Central MN. "Snow Sandwich" for MSP
- A Real Storm Up North. More Like March in Metro
- A Rating Scale for Winter Storms? Why Not.
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
- Dave Barry’s year in review: Good riddance to 2018!
Scientist warns there are 'no guarantees' that vaccines will work on new South African strain: Final flight from mutant-virus stricken Johannesburg touches down hours before travel ban have 311 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 24, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.