Bosses at a Scottish hotel have been branded ‘callous’ for sacking workers and forcing them out of their accommodation ‘with nowhere to go’ just weeks before Christmas. Letters were sent to around 17 staff at Fisher’s Hotel confirming the ‘sad and difficult decision’ to terminate their employment and asking them to leave their digs. The 130-bedroom hotel was taken over by Dublin-based Castle Hotel Group in 2011, who said it needed to reduce its payroll while the Pitlochry hotel in Perthshire continued trading at ‘very low levels’. General manager Brian Wishart said the workers were let go after the hotel was denied government support and claimed supporting their staff through the furlough scheme would cost them £100,000. Bosses at the 130-bedroom Fisher’s Hotel in Pitlochry, Perthshire, said it needed to reduce its payroll while the hotel continued trading at ‘very low levels’ Letters (pictured) were sent to around 17 staff at Fisher’s Hotel confirming the ‘sad and difficult decision’ to terminate their employment. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Hospital doctor who turned up for work so drunk she had to… Hotel quarantine worker who tested positive to Covid likely… Share this article Share Chancellor Rishi Sunak extends furlough scheme to March 2021… Read full this story
- The best Christmas movies on Hulu right now (March 2022) | Digital Trends
- San Francisco hotel workers got cheated during the pandemic. Bad travelers are making it worse.
- 'Whatever they say, more change is coming': Expert warns triple lock cut will be permanent
- Hong Kong's Covid divide: Expats get more perks while domestic workers lose their homes
- Inside The Apprentice star Kathryn Louise Burn's chic and stylish home
- Hotels Roll Out the Welcome Mat to ‘Super Commuters’
- Is Trilith, a ‘Company Town’ for Marvel’s Georgia Production Workers, the Template for Future Cities?
- Even bosses are giving up on the five-day office week
- Where Was Kotaku Last Week?
- From intermittent fasting to weight training, how lockdown helped Myles boss focus on fitness
'Callous' hotel bosses fire workers and boot them out of their homes three weeks before Christmas - saying they can't afford to be kept on even on furlough have 318 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 4, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.