Kindly Share This Story:There is prospect Nigerians keen on knowing details of how Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) funds are disbursed and spent by the Delta State Government may soon have some answers, as Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has won the latest round in the legal battle to compel Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and UBEC to publish spending details of the funds collected for primary schools in the state, and the locations of projects carried out between 2015 and 2019. Justice Rilwan Aikawa of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, last week ruled that, “Going through the Application filed by SERAP, supported by a 13-paragraph affidavit, with supporting exhibits, statements setting out the facts, verifying affidavits and written address in support, I am satisfied that leave ought to be granted in this case, and I hereby grant the motion for leave as prayed.” Justice Aikawa granted the order for leave following the hearing of an argument in court on exparte motion by SERAP counsel, Ms Joke Fekumo. The suit number FHC/L/CS/803/2019 filed last year followed “the failure by Governor Okowa, UBEC, and the Delta State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) to explain how billions of naira of UBEC… Read full this story
- The forgotten genius: why Anne wins the battle of the Brontës
- Karthi Wins Diwali Battle? Kaithi Gets More Shows In Tamil Nadu
- Star makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury wins legal battle against Aldi for £6.99 product dupe of £50 palette
- Breakingviews - Occidental is winning Anadarko battle by a mile
- Tech is not winning the battle against white supremacy
- Snake vs crocodile. Who wins the battle?
- We must win the battle to limit global warming
- I hope Samira Ahmed wins her battle against Auntie, but it won't solve the intractable problem
- Conservatives to cut school funding by 10% if they win general election
- Funding and staff levels in schools at crisis point
SERAP wins round one in battle to compel Okowa, UBEC to account for education funds have 318 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at November 15, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.