(CNN) Monday officially marks the final day of Atlantic hurricane season, and it has been one for the record books. 2020 has been undoubtedly a crazy year — with the Covid-19 pandemic , murder hornets and some of the largest wildfires in recorded history. It seems understandable that hurricane season would also be memorable. This season was forecast to be a busy season. Two of the most well-known and respected entities that forecast their predictions for the upcoming hurricane season are Colorado State University (CSU) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). CSU’s Tropical Meteorology Project team predicted an above-average Atlantic hurricane season on April 2. The team forecast 16 named storms, including eight hurricanes. “We were forecasting a well above-average season in April, June and July, and increased that forecast to an extremely active season in August,” said Phil Klotzbach, a research scientist at the university’s Department of Atmospheric Science. Read More “Active seasons can play out very differently,” Klotzbach said. “For example, both 2004 and 2005 had comparable levels of ACE (227 ACE in 2004 and 245 ACE in 2005), but 2005 had 28 named storms while 2004 had only 15 named storms.” ACE stands for “accumulated… Read full this story
- After Worst Hurricane Season Ever, 2018 Will Be Above Average
- ‘Neglect’ the Cause of Thousands of Deaths on Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria
- PREVIEW: Plummer predicts who will win the league and where the Peterborough Panthers will finish
- Rugby World Cup Sevens: New Zealand wins historic title
- Our verdict? Out of this world... Sportsmail's experts on Russia 2018
- Trump-Kim summit: Excitement high ahead of historic meeting
- Coventry City's promotion prospects: Predict the League Two run-in
- Blood moon 'to bring end of the world' on Friday
- Round-up of the best April Fool's Day jokes from around the world
- Can you get hay fever in April, why is tree pollen so bad this year and what are the worst months for allergies?
Hurricane season ends historic as predicted by experts back in April have 302 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.