Jingle jangle jamboree a Christmas song I sing to thee. Photo: NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images Out of all of Kelly Clarkson’s original Christmas songs about finding a man underneath a plant, her new song “Under the Mistletoe” is not the best. That particular superlative goes to her modern classic, “Underneath the Tree.” But “Underneath the Mistletoe” is very good as well, going for that throwback, A Christmas Gift for You From Phil Spector sound that most Christmas songs have if they want to signal that they’re “CHRISTMAS!” Most voices couldn’t hold their own against all those ding-dongin’ bells and timpani, but Clarkson isn’t “most voices.” She sings the poppy romantic duet with country singer Brett Eldredge, who does his best Bublé. But listen closely, and “Under the Mistletoe” isn’t as straightforward a track as it appears. In the chorus, Clarkson sings, “Santa hear my prayer,” which … Are we praying to Santa now? Is Santa a god? He is technically a saint, so it checks out, theologically, to pray to Santa. It’s just kind of funny. But frankly rad as hell if we’re doing that now.
- Kelly Clarkson gets primary physical custody of kids in divorce ruling prompting Brandon Blackstock to seek $436k-a-month in spousal and child support
- Kelly Clarkson told Taylor Swift to re-record all of her music. Could that really work?
- Kelly Clarkson wins primal physical custody of kids after divorce from Brandon Blackstock
- 'The hardest for me is the kids': Kelly Clarkson on her 'horrible' divorce from Brandon Blackstock... as her ex requests $436K a month in support
- Kelly Clarkson gets primary care of kids as ex 'seeks £327k-a-month in support'
- Kelly Clarkson realised 'this isn't happiness' during marriage to Brandon Blackstock
- Kelly Clarkson speaks out about ‘horrible’ divorce and why she walked away
- Kelly Clarkson admits she definitely didn't see her divorce coming
- Kelly Clarkson may have to pay $135k to Brandon Blackstock for child support
- Kelly Clarkson’s ex Brandon Blackstock wants $436k in monthly support
Kelly Clarkson Bestows New Christmas Song Upon Us have 344 words, post on www.vulture.com at October 28, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.