EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Akili McDowell, the star of OWN’s acclaimed coming-of-age series David Makes Man. Created by Oscar winner Tarell Alvin McCraney and executive produced by Oprah Winfrey, David Makes Man follows 14-year-old David (McDowell) from the projects, haunted by the death of his friend and relying on by his hardworking mother to find a way out of poverty. The title role in the series, already renewed for a second season, has been a star-making turn for the young actor who is being pursued for other projects, including an arc on Season 5 of Showtime’s Billions. The first season of David Makes Man, a Peabody Award winner and a Gotham Award and Critics’ Choice Award nominee, will make its streaming debut July 16 on HBO Max. McDowell is managed by Carissa Stewart at GSA Entertainment and his attorney is Ashley Silver at Brecheen, Feldman, Breimer, Silver, & Thompson.
- ‘David Makes Man’ Star Akili McDowell Joins ‘Billions’ As Recurring In Season 5
- ‘Invisible Man’ Director Leigh Whannel Signs First-Look Deal With Blumhouse
- David Roback, Mazzy Star co-Founder, dies at 61
- Spider-Man Star Tom Holland Addresses James Bond Casting Rumors
- Victoria Beckham teases David with picture of fan waving sign saying ‘I’m just here for Posh Spice’ at his footie game
- So, David Beckham, what persuaded you to sign that £128m deal with LA Galaxy?
- Trump Tweets Clip of Larry David Making Fun of 'MAGA' Hats — but He Doesn't Seem to Realize the Joke
- Montana Brown EXCLUSIVE: Love Island star has been signed by a top LA agent and is moving to the U.S. to pursue her acting dream
- The Invisible Man Director Leigh Whannell Signs Blumhouse Deal for Movies and TV
- Iron Man Star Robert Downey Jr. Pulls Repulsors "Out of Retirement”
‘David Makes Man’ Star Akili McDowell Signs With CAA have 298 words, post on deadline.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.