A NORTH CAROLINA professor who recently reached a $500,000 ‘retirement’ settlement due to his controversial tweets was found dead alone in his home on Thursday. Mike Adams, who taught at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and was notorious for comments regarding women’s studies majors the state’s social distancing orders, was found dead when the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office conducted a welfare check at his home. Police spokesman Lt. Jerry Brewer told CNN the investigation is still ongoing. Adams gained notoriety for his comments deemed by some to be inappropriate. Most were made on Twitter though others occurred around campus. The latest remarks were critical of the state’s lockdown as the COVID-19 pandemic spread throughout the country.In one May 28 tweet, he wrote “Don’t shut down the universities. Shut down the non essential majors. Like Women’s Studies.” Another tweet from May 30 reads “this is why I travel with a glock” while retweeting a video of a man brandishing a crowbar against the driver’s seat of a moving car. One from 2016 reads “Just got an email from a queer Muslim. If you choose a religion bent on executing you nothing you say could be intelligent. Deleted/blocked.” The latter… Read full this story
- Making Cyberpunk: when Mike Pondsmith met CD Projekt Red
- Sony Scraps Aibo, Other Home Robots
- 15 dark horror movie endings that will chill you to the bone
- Homo Naledi's Surprisingly Young Age Opens Up More Questions on Where we Come From
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Bug Bounties Entice Researchers to Don White Hats
- Winners of the 2010 IMU Prizes
- Column: 'Playing Catch Up: Stormfront Studios' Don Daglow'
- Phantasy Star Online will never die: how the nicest fans in gaming keep a 16-year-old MMO alive
- Batman Arkham Knight Riddler Riddles Locations, Trophy Puzzles, Bomb Rioters, Destructibles Objects
- Far Cry 5 seems to be tangling with bold, contemporary issues, but I’m not sure how seriously it takes them
Controversial UNC Wilmington professor Mike Adams found dead in his home days after inking $500k ‘retirement’ settlement have 314 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 24, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.