Utopia Avenue Utopia Avenue Photo: Random House, Handout Photo: Random House, Handout Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Utopia Avenue Utopia Avenue Photo: Random House, Handout Book World: In David Mitchell’s splendid ‘Utopia Avenue,’ a ’60s rock band finds its groove 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Utopia Avenue By David Mitchell Random House. 574 pp. $30 — David Mitchell’s groovy new rock novel belts out the lives of a fictional band in such vivid tones that you may imagine you once heard the group play in the late ’60s. Set in London when “new labels are springing up like mushrooms,” “Utopia Avenue” is a story of creative synthesis, one of those astonishing moments when a few disparate individuals suddenly fall into harmony and change the sound of an era. Mitchell – cult writer, critical darling, popular novelist – knows much about the unpredictable currents of fame, and he brings that empathy and his own extraordinarily dynamic style to this tale of four musicians. One of the many delights of “Utopia Avenue” is seeing the cosmic dust of genius swirling in chaos before the stars are formed. On a dark day in 1967 when the… Read full this story
- Cleveland rock band Racket Man premieres new song, music video 'Brunswick Boaties'
- Review: Are the Eagles the greatest American rock band of all time?
- Dawes' bassist Wylie Gelber on the evolution of a rock band
- Rock band said it received death threat at Houston concert
- Does America’s hottest new rock band live up to the hype?
- At Robby Takac's invitation, Japanese rock band The Molice calls Buffalo home
- Rock Band Plays an Unexpected Role in Creating Human Rights in Schools.
- Rock band supports Janz
- Navy Week brings vice admiral, Navy Rock Band and Bomb Squad to Rocky River High School: West Shore Chatter
- Christian rock band Casting Crowns brings new music, fan favorites to Colorado Springs
Book World: In David Mitchell's splendid 'Utopia Avenue,' a '60s rock band finds its groove have 315 words, post on www.chron.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.