These cases are notable because they are all easily avoidable. Photo-Illustration: Vulture and Getty Images Stan wars raged out of control in May. Taylor Swift fans tried to cancel Burger King for a tweet poking fun at her songs about ex-boyfriends. Barbz called for Usher's head when he downplayed the prospect of a Verzuz battle between Nicki Minaj and Lil' Kim, calling the Young Money chart-topper a "product" of the Bad Boy pioneer. Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande fans united against Tekashi 6ix9ine for the suggestion that their collaborative No. 1 single "Stuck With U" cheated its way past his comeback track "Gooba," which landed at No. 3. Doja Cat caught smoke from every direction throughout the long Memorial Day weekend for dalliances in nebulous internet chat spaces and cavalier use of slurs popularized by racists on forums. Lana Del Rey got lit up by a coalition of Nicki, Beyoncé, and Cardi B fans last week for an Instagram post expressing frustration about the feeling that she isn't allowed the same leeway for self-expression and sexuality as her peers earlier in her career; almost immediately it was noted that most of the singers she named were women of color, which… Read full this story
- Overseas Vietnamese to celebrate Hung Kings Temple Festival
- Different Ways Dasara Doll Festival Is Celebrated
- Miss You: On Aaliyah’s 40th Birthday, I Reminisce on the Stanning of the Hair Swoop
- False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
- Todd Starnes: Are celebrity Christian influencers dumbing down the church?
- Chris Evans & Sebastian Stan Are Not Tumblr's Top Actor of 2019
- A Frustrated Andrew Garfield Goes Off on Celebrity, Society, and Self-Doubt
- Lena Dunham Explains Her Celebrity PSA-Spoofing (Yet Still Pro-Hillary) Rap Video
- What makes Madame Tussauds' wax work?
- Co Loa Citadel still seriously encroached: experts
Stan Culture Is Due a Reckoning. So Are the Celebrities They Worship. have 303 words, post on www.vulture.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.