These cases are notable because they are all easily avoidable. Photo-Illustration: Vulture and Getty Images Stan wars raged out of control in May. Taylor Swift fans tried to cancel Burger King for a tweet poking fun at her songs about ex-boyfriends. Barbz called for Usher’s head when he downplayed the prospect of a Verzuz battle between Nicki Minaj and Lil’ Kim, calling the Young Money chart-topper a “product” of the Bad Boy pioneer. Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande fans united against Tekashi 6ix9ine for the suggestion that their collaborative No. 1 single “Stuck with U” cheated its way past his comeback track “Gooba,” which landed at No. 3. Doja Cat caught smoke from every direction throughout the long Memorial Day weekend for dalliances in nebulous internet chat spaces and cavalier use of slurs popularized by racists on forums. Lana Del Rey got lit up by a coalition of Nicki, Beyoncé, and Cardi B fans last week for an Instagram post expressing frustration about the feeling that she isn’t allowed the same leeway for self-expression and sexuality as her peers earlier in her career; almost immediately it was noted that most of the singers she named were women of color, which… Read full this story
- How Ford Celebrated the 10 Millionth Mustang
- Celebrity Drive: Tommy Chong, Actor, Comedian, and Musician
- Celebrity Drive: Titus Welliver, Star of Amazon’s Bosch
- Celebrity Drive: Scott Ian, Anthrax Guitarist
- Celebrity Drive: Singer-Songwriter Neal Morse
- ‘The towel baby.’ ‘The microphone.’ When the Tar Heels win, the bench celebrates.
- Michael Jordan makes list of America’s top 5 celebrities. Here’s how he held his rank.
- These celebrities will party in Charlotte during the CIAA tournament. Here’s where.
- Celebrity Drive: Art Alexakis, Multi-Platinum Rocker of Everclear
- Celebrity Drive: Comedian Godfrey Danchimah
Stan Culture Is Due a Reckoning. So Are the Celebrities They Worship. have 301 words, post on www.vulture.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.