The Chronicle began covering the coronavirus crisis before the first cases were reported in the Bay Area and a pandemic was declared. We reorganized the newsroom to dedicate nearly every resource to stories focusing on the health and economic disasters. Every day we have published live updates to reflect the most critical local, national and global updates on COVID-19, and this news is free of charge in an effort to keep our community safe and informed. • Read the previous batch of updates from May 7-8. • See the full timeline. Updates from Saturday, May 9: 12:01 a.m. Birthday party cluster in Pasadena: Pasadena public health officials traced a cluster of COVID-19 cases back to a single birthday party in early April, the Pasadena Star-News reported. The city announced Saturday that “more than five laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases and many more ill individuals” were confirmed among those who attended the party. 11:52 p.m. Food line snakes through one of world’s most expensive cities: Starting before dawn, more than 1,500 people joined a food line stretching half a mile or more Saturday through Geneva, one of the world’s richest cities, in evidence of the pandemic’s devastating fallout. With coronavirus cases declining, Switzerland… Read full this story
- Commute by Water: Bay Area Woman Avoids Rush Hour on Kayak
- WATCH TODAY: Building a Better Bay Area Housing Crisis Town Hall
- WATCH LIVE: Building a Better Bay Area Housing Crisis Town Hall
- On the rise? The Central Valley is beating the Bay Area and L.A. in key measures
- Bay Area Housing Crisis: How are you making it work?
- Building a Better Bay Area: Housing Crisis
- WATCH LIVE: Trump boards Air Force One following Bay Area visit
- Trump to visit Bay Area today for first time as president
- Cal Fire recommends aggressive plans to reduce fire risk in California, Bay Area
- President Trump expected in Bay Area tomorrow
Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 9 have 304 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.