It’s Wednesday, April 8 and tonight we should have been parking ourselves in front of our televisions or gathering inside hockey rinks across the U.S. and Canada to watch playoff hockey. Instead, we wait. We don’t know when the NHL will resume its 2019-20 schedule and we don’t know how they will complete it if playing out the regular season isn’t an option. Since the NHL pause on March 12, various formats thrown out, garnering a myriad of responses. If time prevents the league from holding a normal postseason, they’ll have to be creative. “From an NHL standpoint, we’re viewing all of our options,” Commissioner Gary Bettman told Mike Tirico on NBCSN’s Lunch Talk Live Tuesday. “We want to be ready to go as soon as we get a green light — and the green light may not be crystal clear because there may still be some places in the [U.S. and Canada] where we can’t play and others places where you can. We’re looking at all options. Nothing’s been ruled in, nothing’s been ruled out. And it’s largely going to be determined what we do by how much time there is because we have next season to focus on… Read full this story
- PFL brings unique MMA playoff format to Las Vegas
- NHL Playoffs 2019: Boston Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy: ‘From my viewpoint, it certainly looked like goaltender interference’
- NHL Playoffs 2019: Boston Bruins got result they earned, even if referees missed goalie interference call
- NHL playoffs 2019: Power ranking field that has been spun upside down
- Sound off: Readers weigh in on the Lightning’s quick exit from the NHL playoffs
- Saturday's NHL playoffs: Schwartz leads Blues past Jets to win series
- NHL playoffs: Sharks defeat Blues in overtime after illegal play
- NHL playoffs 2019: Meet the 'jerks,' the Hurricanes trying to win Cup
- Who are the Hall of Famers in this season’s NHL playoffs?
- NHL playoffs 2019: Redoing Stanley Cup picks after Lightning collapse
Unique NHL playoff format looking more likely have 328 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at April 8, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.