Forecasters are predicting a dip in temperatures as Brits stay in lockdown, before the mercury starts to rise again by the end of the week. Britain is set to yo-yo between “summer to winter and back”, with some parts of the UK likely to be enjoying highs of 21C by Thursday. This is because of a French heat flare set to hit the country and bring warm sunshine with it. It comes after temperatures fell to -4C overnight and many woke up to frost. This followed one of the hottest early spring heatwaves for 200 years over the weekend – and “summer” will be back again soon for those lucky enough to have gardens. There are no weather warnings in place over coming days. The Met Office predicts the Midlands will be the warmest spot in the UK tomorrow, with top temperatures of 15C. The Weather Outlook forecaster Brian Gaze said: “We’ve gone from summer to winter but summer will be back on Thursday. “Bitter air from Norway’s coast plunged to Britain, with widespread frosts on Tuesday morning, with -3C in the South and North, and -5C in Scotland. “But heat from southern France is due by Thursday, with 21C… Read full this story
- Met Eireann say good weather is on cards for weekend – with temperatures hitting 22C today
- Nashville weather: Lower temperatures in 3-day forecast
- UK weather set for plunging -4C temperatures, frost, sleet and icy winds as November chills sweep across the country
- UK weather turns wintry with Arctic blast as amazing aerial pictures show London blanketed by fog and clouds
- White Christmas odds slashed to 2/1 as UK weather brings cold snap and gritters hit the roads
- Met Eireann reckon mini heatwave will continue into next week with temperatures hitting a sizzling 21C
- UK weather to have Brits sizzling in 23C mini-heatwave this weekend – before Hurricane Ophelia storms in
- Irish weather forecasters predict mini-heatwave will see temperatures hit a blistering 26C and will stay sunny until Thursday
- UK weather could spark Christmas travel chaos as Storm Barbara strikes with 70mph gales, heavy rain and snow
- A heat wave is here: How hot is it going to get?
UK weather forecast: Temperature to hit 21C by Thursday thanks to French heat flare have 354 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 14, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.