Kiz: So you’re telling me there’s a chance? The NFL has approved expanded playoffs, adding one team to both the AFC and NFC side of the bracket, for the 2020 season. (We’ll keep it optimistic and assume there will be a full season.) I’ve got nothing against a bigger playoff party. The more the merrier. The late, great “Parity” Pete Rozelle would love it. But my hunch is that seven teams on each side of the bracket might just be messing with the hopes and dreams of fans cheering for hopelessly mediocre teams. What say you? O’Halloran: The more playoff football, the better. Six games on Wild Card Weekend? Great. It should set up high-stakes games over the final part of the regular season as teams battle for the only bye (No. 1 team in each conference) and, of course, the Nos. 5-7 spots. I do like how the division champions are still guaranteed a home game. A 14-team playoff field creates opportunity (a coach, general manager or quarterback can save his job by getting the seventh seed) and urgency (owners may be faster to start over if their current regime isn’t good enough to get the final spot). Kiz:… Read full this story
- Kiszla vs. O’Halloran: Drew Lock or Teddy Bridgewater as Broncos’ Week 1 starting quarterback?
- Every NFL team's biggest do-over: Russell Wilson's Super Bowl pick, Jackie Smith's drop headline all-time list
- Denver Broncos Deepen Defense With Final 3 Picks In This Year’s NFL Draft
- Sports Emmy Nominations: ESPN And NBC Lap The Field
- Six losing NFL teams in 2020 that will make the playoffs in 2021
- Drew Lock 2021 outlook: Flashes from Broncos QB's second season and what he must do to take next step
- Ranking NFL's top 10 receivers as well as the offseason's biggest trades, plus Bears and Tua minicamp buzz
- Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers to Be Traded to the Denver Broncos: Report
- NFL Draft 2021: Five things we learned from dramatic selection weekend
- Ranking the top 10 NFL offseasons by team: Browns, Buccaneers and Chargers reign supreme
Kiszla vs. O’Halloran: Will 9-7 record qualify the Broncos for an expanded NFL playoff field? have 335 words, post on www.denverpost.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.