To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 46,416 in California, including 1,868 deaths. • 7,833 in the Bay Area, including 277 deaths. • 1 million in the U.S., including 58,355 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 22,668; New Jersey with 6,044; Michigan with 3,407; Massachusetts with 3,003 and Connecticut with 2,012. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 3.1 million in the world, with more than 217,000 deaths. More than 928,000 people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: Related Stories LocalChronicle StaffTimeline of the COVID-19 outbreak across the Bay Area, U.S.LocalChronicle Staff ReportCoronavirus hits Bay Area: What residents need to knowCoronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across California 9:02 am. Elon Musk jumps aboard reopen wagon: Tesla… Read full this story
- After stunning success, Jessica Lang Dance brings farewell tour to SF Bay Area
- Snow dusts Bay Area mountains again Sunday; cool, wet week ahead
- Bay Area granny flats: When in-law units become outlaws
- Meet the 27-year-old mayor about to double her Bay Area city’s population
- Is the Bay Area pushing people to the breaking point?
- Bay Area cities to RV communities: Move along
- Rising Bay Area rents hit communities of color hardest
- 500 years: That’s how long it could take some Bay Area cities to meet housing goals
- Power Broker: Bay Area’s ‘transportation czar’ steps down after 18 years on the job
- 1916 travel brochure captures bucolic Bay Area of a century ago
Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening have 298 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.