With Joe Biden holding a significant lead in the race to amass a majority of delegates to the Democratic convention, Bernie Sanders’ campaign is pouring resources into Michigan in advance of Tuesday’s primary, which is shaping up as a critical contest between the two.Sanders denied in television interviews Sunday that the primary was “make or break” for his campaign but agreed that it was “enormously important.” “Michigan is very, very significant in terms of the primary process,” he said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”Among the six states holding primaries or caucuses Tuesday, Michigan has the largest number of delegates at stake, 125. Both campaigns have made a major push here, with Biden taking advantage of strong fundraising in recent days to sharply step up his advertising in the state and draw even with Sanders’ spending. Advertisement Biden is widely expected to win heavily in Mississippi, where Sanders canceled events to focus on Michigan. Biden also has an edge in Missouri, while Sanders’ campaign is hoping that his strength in the West will continue with a victory in Washington state. North Dakota and Idaho also vote, with few delegates on the line.Sanders won Michigan’s primary in 2016 in an upset… Read full this story
- Obamas to anchor key slots at Biden’s Democratic convention
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to appear together today after he announced her as his running mate - prompting record breaking donations from supporters and Donald Trump to call her 'opponent everyone dreams of'
- Biden Risks Alienating Young Black Voters After Race Remarks
- Trump is 'surprised' that Biden chose 'nasty' Kamala Harris because she called him 'essentially racist' during 2019 primary fight - then claims first black female VP candidate is his 'number one pick' to face off against
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Everything you need to know about mail-in voting
- Democrats Set Stage to Nominate Biden at Virtual Convention
- Biden is eating into Trump's Rust Belt base
- Mail ballots from Tuesday's election push Biden over the top
- Democrat Joe Biden chooses Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate
- Biden increases Texas staff and resources in bid to win Lone Star state
Michigan vote Tuesday shaping up as key test for Sanders and Biden have 351 words, post on www.latimes.com at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.