A week after Super Tuesday, the Democratic field has winnowed to two main candidates, Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, who will be fighting for delegates in six states on Tuesday. The most closely-watched of these upcoming six states is Michigan. With 125 delegates, it offers the biggest prize of the night. In 2016, Sanders scored a major surprise upset against Hillary Clinton, by winning the majority of white voters, though Clinton won handily among black voters and women. It is unclear whether Sanders can replicate that victory this time around against Biden. Like Clinton, Biden has so far proven he has significant support among African Americans, and he is also more popular among working-class white voters than Clinton was. A new poll from Monmouth University released on Monday showed Biden with a commanding lead over Sanders. Fifty-one percent of likely Democratic primary voters said they planned to support Biden compared to 36% for Sanders. Biden led Sanders among white voters (50% to 36%), voters of other races, (53% to 36%), voters age 50 and over (62% to 24%) and women (53% to 33%). Sanders led Biden among voters under 50 years old (49% to 38%) and men (49% to 39%). As of last week, according to a Detroit… Read full this story
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump raises money off impeachment
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Sanders takes a break after health scare
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Two more House Republicans call it quits
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Dems head to Las Vegas for Gun Safety Forum
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: The strategy behind Pete Buttigieg's Iowa bus tour
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Democratic candidates reveal 3rd quarter fundraising totals
- 2020 Sunday Trail Markers: Who's winning the Dems' fundraising race?
- Because California is now an ‘early primary state,’ Democratic contenders go big
- Sylva trail spiking 'domestic terrorism' prompts state action
- Kamala Harris, Trailing Top Rivals, Raises $11.6 Million in Third Quarter
2020 Daily Trail Markers: What to know about Tuesday's primaries in 6 states have 293 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.