You may have noticed every female under 35 wearing bovver boots with industrial rubber soles. They’re practically compulsory for spring, but not for Us, in case you were getting ideas; this is strictly off-limits for the over-40s. There will be exceptions to the rule (Helena Bonham Carter) but bruiser boots, like knicker-showing negligee dresses, are on the Looks Tryhard list. So, what does a fashion-conscious woman do instead? She turns her attention to chunky loafers, of course. Equally on trend and every bit as stompy, but a lot more feminine and wearable. If you don’t believe a clompy loafer is a shoe with potential, cast your mind back to the Nineties and the sudden craze for Patrick Cox Wannabe loafers. There were queues around the block for these. Shane Watson took inspiration from Charlize Theron (pictured) for embracing this season’s trend for chunky loafers With their chunky heel and wide toe, they were nothing like standard preppy loafers and overnight became the coolest and most wearable of shoes. This season’s loafers are brasher and chunkier, but similar in spirit: a classic that’s been souped-up and made cool for this moment. At Prada, loafers were a little like the Wannabe, but… Read full this story
- How to dress like a grown up with Shane Watson: Why it’s time to luxe up your lazy loungewear
- NTAs 2020: Holly Willoughby looks worse for wear as she struggles to fit her huge gown in the car while TOWIE stars Chloe Sims and Ferne McCann make VERY bleary-eyed exits from raucous after parties
- Britain braces for hottest day of year with temperatures set to hit 82F - so will people REALLY wait until Monday to meet up for barbecues?
- Music at Home: Songs of Pride
- Queen’s Tragic Rhapsody
- Cult Classic “But I’m A Cheerleader” Championed Femme Lesbianism
- 10 Products That Delighted Us Last Week: From Lego Sets to Plus-Size Swimsuits
- FMIA Guest: Michael MacCambridge On Perils Of A 17-Game NFL Season
- Lucy Hale keeps her cool in statement T-shirt and loose jeans after marking 10 year anniversary of Pretty Little Liars premiere
How to dress like a grown up with Shane Watson: Stash your stilettos and stomp into spring style! have 346 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 9, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.