Frazer Harrison/Getty Images David Byrne’s American Utopia is going to keep burning down the house. The musician’s acclaimed show will be returning to Broadway this fall, its producers revealed on Sunday. American Utopia will be coming back to Hudson Theatre on Sept. 18 through Jan. 17, 2021, with an opening date to be announced. The production, which debuted last October on Broadway to rave reviews, wrapped up its first run today, following 121 performances. “It’s become obvious to us in the band, the crew and the producer team that audiences want, dare I say need? To see this show,” Byrne said in a statement. “They’re not ready to have it disappear just yet. We feel the same way, we love doing this show. So, it’s thrilling to us that we can announce that we’ll be back in September.” The former Talking Heads frontman adapted his solo 2018 album of the same name into the Broadway production, although he previously told EW that it was not entirely autobiographical. “In its simplest terms, you’ve got a person who’s very much inside themselves. The show starts off with me holding a brain, and then it moves to a person who gets involved with a larger community, and… Read full this story
- David Byrne: Rock Master of Multicultural Sound
- How David Byrne and ‘Contemporary Color’ Turned Color Guards Into Rock Stars
- David Byrne Talks Collaborating With Selena on Song for Johnny Depp Film
- David Byrne, St. Vincent, Ad-Rock Blow Minds With Contemporary Color Show
- Book World: In David Mitchell's splendid 'Utopia Avenue,' a '60s rock band finds its groove
- David Tennant admits home schooling his five children with his wife Georgia has been a 'challenge'
- ‘David Makes Man’ Star Akili McDowell Signs With CAA
- Netflix Docuseries ‘The Pharmacist’ Acquired By ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Producer David Permut For Feature Adaptation
- David Collins Places “Beautiful, Bright Spotlight” On World Of Ballroom With HBO Max’s ‘Legendary’
- Who is Rose Byrne? Mrs America and This is Where I Leave you actress
David Byrne's acclaimed have 344 words, post on ew.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.