Frazer Harrison/Getty Images David Byrne’s American Utopia is going to keep burning down the house. The musician’s acclaimed show will be returning to Broadway this fall, its producers revealed on Sunday. American Utopia will be coming back to Hudson Theatre on Sept. 18 through Jan. 17, 2021, with an opening date to be announced. The production, which debuted last October on Broadway to rave reviews, wrapped up its first run today, following 121 performances. “It’s become obvious to us in the band, the crew and the producer team that audiences want, dare I say need? To see this show,” Byrne said in a statement. “They’re not ready to have it disappear just yet. We feel the same way, we love doing this show. So, it’s thrilling to us that we can announce that we’ll be back in September.” The former Talking Heads frontman adapted his solo 2018 album of the same name into the Broadway production, although he previously told EW that it was not entirely autobiographical. “In its simplest terms, you’ve got a person who’s very much inside themselves. The show starts off with me holding a brain, and then it moves to a person who gets involved with a larger community, and… Read full this story
- The 12 Best Concerts in Phoenix This Week
- Manchester gigs and shows with tickets on sale this week
- Beyoncé slays anew at her second Coachella show (with new costumes!)
- Bourbon & Beyond Offers Food, Drink and Music Experiences
- Beale Street Music Festival: From Action Bronson to Young Dolph your guide to the performers
- Your guide to the entire Red Rocks 2018 lineup, and standout shows to watch for
- Antony Sher to put King Lear’s crown back on at the RSC in Stratford-on-Avon
- A perfect moment for a serious conversation
- Summer movie guide: New 'Avengers,' 'Deadpool,' 'Mamma Mia,' 'Jurassic World' and more
- Dakota Johnson claims making new horror film Suspiria sent her to therapy: 'It f***ed me up so much'
David Byrne's acclaimed have 326 words, post on ew.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.