The remake of Force Majeure (starring the Veep actress alongside Will Ferrell) sounds like a fake movie. But it’s real, and genuinely unnerving. Photo: Courtesy of Fox Searchlight Ruben Östlund’s 2014 film Force Majeure — about a husband and wife whose relationship starts fraying after he abandons her and their kids during a moment of perceived danger at a ski resort — is so finely calibrated that the idea of an American remake sounds not just unnecessary but potentially disastrous. Östlund’s original, which keeps threatening to drift into comedy while maintaining the rough contours of a drama, is like a tightrope walker walking on top of another tightrope walker; the tonal balance it strikes is so delicate that one false move could send the whole thing spectacularly crashing down. Its inciting incident is ultimately a minor event, but the emotions and doubts it unleashes are not. So now we have the Will Ferrell-Julia Louis Dreyfus version Downhill, which just premiered at the ski-happy town of Park City and which at first sounds like a fake movie, the kind of ill-advised, overeager high-concept picture someone might have pitched in Robert Altman’s Hollywood satire The Player. But somehow Jim Rash and Nat… Read full this story
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell-Starrer 'Downhill' Lands Valentine's Day Release
- Emmy Awards 2019: James Corden's wife Julia Carey exudes glamour in a black gown with a risqué keyhole cut out as they snuggle up on the red carpet
- Nicki Minaj is among performers announced for the 2018 BET Awards
- L.A. Writer Says Richard Dreyfuss Sexually Harassed and Exposed Himself to Her in the 1980s
- Who Are the 5 Women Accusing Louis C.K. of Sexual Misconduct?
- Louis CK tells Israeli audience he’d ‘rather be in Auschwitz than New York City’ after comic’s masturbation shame
- Louis C.K. says in statement sexual misconduct stories "are true"
- Sarah Silverman says Louis C.K. masturbated in front of her with her consent
- Comedy Comeback: Louis C.K. Packs Arena in Israel After Admitting He Masturbated in Front of Women
- Louis C.K. accused of sexual misconduct in New York Times report
There’s Nothing Funny About Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s Performance in have 358 words, post on www.vulture.com at January 27, 2020. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.