Music and prayer filled Georgia’s Clark Atlanta University campus Sunday night as grieving students came together to remember slain classmate Alexis Crawford, allegedly killed by her roommate and the roommate’s boyfriend. Crawford’s mother “physically was unable to speak” when police told her the 21-year-old’s remains were found, family spokesman Rev. Markel Hutchins said. “All she could do was listen. And she said simply, ‘thank you.'” Meanwhile, Crawford’s father, “crying uncontrollably,” said, “they didn’t have to kill my baby,” Hutchins told the crowd at Sunday’s candlelight vigil.#WeLoveOurPanthers We say your name and honor you Alexis Janae Crawford. Please continue your prayers for the Crawford family and the CAU student body. pic.twitter.com/WyqdwJBs0y— Clark Atlanta Univ. (@CAU) November 11, 2019 Hundreds of students and faculty held a candlelight vigil to honor the life of murdered @CAU student #[email protected] pic.twitter.com/LyTKUEX6P5— Audrey Washington (@AudreyWSBTV) November 11, 2019 Crawford’s roommate, Jordyn Jones, 21, and Jones’ boyfriend, Barron Brantley, 21, have been charged with malice murder in connection with the Oct. 31 death of Crawford, Atlanta police said on Saturday. Crawford, also 21, died by asphyxiation, the medical examiner determined, according to police. (MORE: Roommate, her boyfriend charged in death of missing Atlanta student Alexis Crawford) In… Read full this story
- Logan Paul has conquered the internet, but he can't figure out how to conquer the world
- Loved ones, friends remember synagogue shooting victims
- 50 movies that critics really hate but normal people love
- The Most Important Thing About a Successful Brand is Consistency
- Voters talk caravan, ‘out-of-control’ Washington and Trump
- Voters head to the polls with 1 man mostly in mind: Trump
- 52 celebrities you probably forgot were on 'Veronica Mars'
- Remembering George HW Bush: Washington to pay respects, bid farewell
- Sheryl Sandberg's Full HBS Speech: Get On A Rocketship Whenever You Get The Chance
- The Price of Cool: A Teen, a Juul and Nicotine Addiction
'Love conquers hate': Mourning classmates hold candlelight vigil for slain Atlanta college student have 311 words, post on abcnews.go.com at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.