LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — USC is mourning the loss of several students this semester, but they have not all died of suicide, the university’s president, Carol Folt, said in a statement. In a letter sent to USC students, parents and faculty over the weekend, Folt noted eight students had died since the fall semester began in the last week of August — two from unknown causes over the weekend. That number increased to nine when, just a day later, authorities said they were investigating a suspicious death at an off-campus housing facility near campus. Around 2 p.m., officers from the USC Dept. of Public Safety responded to a welfare check and discovered the deceased. Officers then called 911. The investigation went into the night, with authorities interviewing people who live in the complex. Folt, in her letter just one day prior, said the losses are devastating and heartbreaking for the school. But in a letter to parents, she said that it is “not correct” that most of the deaths were the result of suicide. “These tragic losses have resulted from a number of different causes. In some cases the cause of death is still undetermined, and in others loved ones do… Read full this story
- Liz Hurley’s son Damian breaks silence after he’s cut out of late dad's £180m fortune
- How Navajo Students Overcame the Pandemic School Year
- Alex Beresford breaks silence on Strictly rumours ‘Do I need to brush up on my 2 step?’
- Amanda Barrie breaks silence on being approached to teach Prince Charles about sex
- For Fil-Am youth, fighting Asian hate in the US means breaking silence
- Josh Duggar’s sister Jill and husband Derick break silence over ‘very sad, horrible’ child pornography arrest
- Darren Grimes breaks silence on Twitter pile-on following Rashford criticism 'Gets to you'
- Yogi Adityanath Breaks Silence over Kasganj Violence, Assures Action Against Trouble Makers
- Liverpool stopper Alisson breaks silence with heartfelt message after father's death
- Matt Hancock breaks silence as fight back BEGINS after Dominic Cummings’ onslaught
As USC Breaks Silence On Student Deaths, Yet Another Tragedy Hits School have 326 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.