The 2019 Nationals are heavy on players who were acquired through free agency and the draft by Mike Axisa @mikeaxisa Oct 18, 2019 at 10:51 am ET • 17 min read For the first time since the Senators in 1933, there is a Washington-based team in the World Series. The Washington Nationals clinched the first National League pennant in franchise history with a thoroughly dominant four-game sweep of the Cardinals in the NLCS. They will face either the Astros or Yankees in the World Series — stream all games via fuboTV (Try for free).Like every team, the Nationals were assembled through all sorts of different methods. No team is built exclusively through the draft, or trades, or free agency. It’s not possible. Successful teams acquire talent through every avenue possible. Here is Washington’s 2019 WAR breakdown via the Baseball Gauge:• Free Agency: 14.6 WAR (4th most in MLB)• Draft: 13.8 WAR (10th)• Trades: 9.7 WAR (13th) • International Free Agency: 8.0 WAR (4th)• Other: -0.4 WAR (26th)The Nationals have crushed it in free agency. They’ve also done very well at the top of the draft, and have landed several key players on the trade market. Also, Washington signed at least one franchise player as an… Read full this story
- Make That Las Vegas Bet Today - The Chicago Cubs Will Win the World Series in 2008!
- 2019-20 NBA Eastern Conference preview capsules
- 2019-20 NBA Western Conference preview capsules
- Leadership and the Rise and Fall of Nations in Bible Times
- The World They've Always Wanted
- Phillies Fire Manager Gabe Kapler
- The Curse of Michael Jordan? The Post-Dynasty Bulls Just Can't Seem to Get it Right
- San Diego Padres' Plan for 2009
- How the Colorado Rockies Came to Be
- NHL Flashback - Caught in His Own Duck Trap, Did Burke Lowe-r 'The Finger?'
World Series 2019: How the Nationals built their NL champion roster through trades, free agency and the draft have 285 words, post on www.cbssports.com at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.