When Nathan Chen won Skate America in 2017, he competed two quadruple jumps in the short program and one downgraded quad in the free skate. When Chen won the event in 2018, he did one under-rotated quad (which was also given an edge call) in the short and three in the free. For Skate America this weekend (Oct. 18-20, streaming live on the NBC Sports “Figure Skating Pass”), two-time and reigning world champion Chen told reporters on Monday’s media teleconference that three quads in the free skate was “a given.” “Honestly, I don’t really know exactly,” Chen said, after admitting he gets asked this question a lot and usually ends up giving a “vague” answer. “I have ideas. I want to push three. I want to push four… As of now, I think three is a given. But beyond that, we’ll see.” Chen completed six quads to win the free skate at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics, where he ultimately finished fifth. He’ll skate to La Boheme for the short program in Las Vegas, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne, and selections from “Rocket Man” for the free skate, choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil. Bourne is a former ice dancer and choreographs programs for… Read full this story
- Avalanche-Kraken Game 5 quick hits: Nathan MacKinnon’s rage justified after handful of missed calls
- Best Warzone 2 VPN: Call of Duty VPNs to bypass SBMM, unlock easier lobbies, avoid lag
- What are America and China fighting about, anyway?
- America, China and a Crisis of Trust
- The dove or the dog: China makes peace while baring teeth
- 12 best hoverboards UK 2023 – with multi-terrain wheels, LED lights, speakers and more
- Nutrition Science’s Most Preposterous Result
- Climate Change Is Making Baseball Worse
- 'Under the Skin' Charts the Steep Toll Racism Takes on the Black Body
- The best video game remakes of all time | Digital Trends
Nathan Chen calls 3 quads at Skate America ‘a given’ have 299 words, post on olympics.nbcsports.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.