On August 8, 1969, five people were slaughtered — along with the sixties and everything for which it stood — at 10500 Cielo Drive. Manson’s “family” killed nine people in July and August of 1969. The Tate murders, that night, were the most gristly. Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Voytek Frykowski, and Steven Parent were killed with bullets and stabs. Atkins scrawled the word “PIG” in Tate’s blood on the front door of the house before leaving. It also divulges the LAPD’s incessant misconduct, which almost led to Charles Manson’s escape. The murder of Sharon Tate also marked the killing of an era. Flower power wilted into gutter mulch, Altamont claimed four lives, and the phrase ‘serial killer’ was not yet coined. It was an age of assassinations, civil unrest and unjust wars, but also a time of progression. An eruption of music and art laced with LSD emboldened the counter-culture at Woodstock the same year Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin moonwalked. Times were a-changing, as the song goes, but no decade — especially one known for peace, love and space odysseys — came to as abrupt an end as the 1960s. It began in Benedict Canyon, when the… Read full this story
- Conor McGregor may not be able to fight in New York again says state executive: ‘It’s like Charles Manson’
- There’s one place in America where you could legally get away with murder
- In the shadowy underworld of police informants it's getting harder to recruit new 'narks'
- What are the deadliest mass shootings in American history? From the Las Vegas attack to the Columbine massacre
- Golden State Killer latest: Who is Joseph DeAngelo? The former police officer accused of 12 murders
- What are the deadliest mass shootings in US history? From the Sandy Hook school shooting to the Las Vegas attack
- Who is Soham killer Ian Huntley and when were his victims Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells murdered?
- Corruption, Lies, Brutality, Murder: How UK Police Infiltrated Justice Campaigns
- Woman who helped dramatically reduce youth murders in Scotland urges London to treat violence as a 'disease'
- The 55 murder investigations launched in London this year so far revealed
LA police almost let Charles Manson get away with multiple murders. Here's how. have 349 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.