ISIS fighters are preparing to break extremists out of huge prison camps across Iraq and Syria, a new report has warned. The Institute for the Study of War reported on Tuesday that ISIS wants to ‘free its loyal fighters’ and is using displacement camps to organize and raise funds. It comes just days after US President Donald Trump, growing impatient at Europe’s hesitance to take back its foreign fighters, warned that the US would release fanatics on European borders if countries refused to repatriate them. Suspected Islamic State members seen inside a small room in a prison south of Mosul. There are an estimated 2,000 foreign ISIS fighters imprisoned in facilities across Iraq and Syria. President Donald Trump, left, said on Friday that he would release the prisoners on European borders if their countries failed to repatriate them A foreign woman can be seen standing behind a wire fence at the al-Hol (Hawl) camp in northern Syria which houses relatives of ISIS. The camp is mainly populated by women and children who once lived under the rule of the so-called caliphate RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Iran’s President Rouhani says Israel is supporting ISIS and… ‘ISIS supporter’, 25, accused of plotting lone… Read full this story
- Iran Warns of New 'War' as It Boosts Ties With Syria, Iraq and Lebanon
- Britain warns Iran: We'll respond to any attack on our citizens or our forces, pledges Defence Secretary Ben Wallace
- MARK ALMOND: Could Donald Trump's retreat from Syria spark a global conflict?
- Donald Trump warns Erdoğan he'll see 'far more than sanctions' if Turkey's Syria invasion isn't 'humane' but won't say what that means and he complains that the Kurds 'didn't help us with NORMANDY'
- ISIS confirms death of its ‘caliph’, al-Baghdadi, names new leader
- Is Iran threatening another Lockerbie? President Rouhani makes sinister veiled reference to 1988 Pan Am bombing that killed 270 people as incredible photos show Qassem Soleimani's funeral from space
- Chaos over U.S. troops in Iraq as Pentagon insists they WON'T withdraw despite general leading anti-ISIS coalition saying they'll move 'out of Iraq' in draft letter released by mistake amid anger over attack that killed Qassem Soleimani
- Iraq says unsigned U.S. troop-withdrawal letter sent by mistake COUNTS despite Arabic translation not matching the English—as Pentagon chief vows 'we are not leaving' but Donald Trump insists it will happen 'at some point'
- Defense Secretary Mark Esper contradicts Trump and says U.S. military WILL NOT target Iranian cultural sites
- Donald Trump blames Barack Obama for giving Iran the cash to buy missiles flung at U.S. bases-as he offers to 'embrace peace' and claims Tehran is 'standing down' but warns of 'hypersonic weapons' and 'lethal and fast' attacks
ISIS is 'preparing to free its loyal fighters' from huge prison camps in Syria and Iraq, report warns after Trump threatened to release fanatics on Europe's borders have 443 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.