There was no host at the 71st Emmy Awards on Sunday night, but there were plenty of winners — and more than a few upsets. Game of Thrones entered Emmy season by leading all shows with a whopping 32 nominations, including nods for nine actors. (HBO’s fantasy drama already picked up 10 last weekend at the Creative Arts Emmys.) Just before Michael Douglas called a wrap on the festivities (which ended on time!), Thrones claimed the Outstanding Drama Series for the fourth consecutive time, while Peter Dinklage had triumphed in his supporting category earlier in the night. That fourth Outstanding Drama Series trophy tied GoT with Mad Men, The West Wing, Hill Street Blues, and L.A. Law for most wins in the category, and Thrones tied its own record for most Emmy wins in a year with 12. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which had led the comedy pack with 20 nods, could not defend its Outstanding Comedy Series crown, though it picked up the first two awards of the telecast with acting wins for Tony Shalhoub and Alex Borstein. Nor could Veep, which had claimed the trophy in its three last years of eligibility. Veep, which boasted nine nominations, was… Read full this story
- Emmy Awards Nominations: The Complete List
- Emmys TV Review: Big Wins & Farewells To ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Veep,’ But Host-Free Fox Ceremony Fails
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’s Triumph & Pop’s Emmy Breakthrough Come Amid Major Changes At the ViacomCBS Network
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Completes Historic Emmy Sweep With Comedy Series Win For Final Season, Breaks Record
- ‘Nomadland’ Wins Toronto People’s Choice Award, But What Does It All Mean For Oscar? Plus, TIFF Wrapup As New York Fest Gets Going
- The 85 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
Emmy Awards 2019: See the complete list of winners have 286 words, post on ew.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.