Just one year ago, Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton were in dramatically different places in their lives. As Meghan navigated her new royal world, Kate juggled the demands of three young children. Now they both share in the bond of motherhood — and their connection is putting reports of a royal rift behind them. “There is a sense of [Meghan and Kate’s] relationship strengthening,” a royal source tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story. Attending Wimbledon together last weekend, Meghan and Kate “were genuine and sweet together,” says an insider. When Meghan’s friend Serena Williams lost the match, “Kate put her hand out and rubbed Meghan’s back to console her,” says a close observer. Image zoom Karwai Tang/Getty It was a charming moment between the two women, whom tabloids have cast as royal rivals ever since Meghan came on the scene in the fall of 2016. “It illustrated a warm relationship between these women who have young babies and are in similar situations in their lives,” says royal commentator Victoria Arbiter, whose father Dickie Arbiter was a press spokesman for Queen Elizabeth. Image zoom Kate Middleton, Prince Louis, Meghan Markle and Archie Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Just three days earlier the sisters-in-law had… Read full this story
- Prince Harry and the Meghan Markle connection
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and polo ponies: What's not to like?
- Pippa Middleton's wedding: What do we know?
- Pippa Middleton opens up about her ‘dear’ nephew Prince George: He's 'very characterful’
- Pippa Middleton turns down megabucks deals in the U.S. because she'd be asked about sister Kate's topless pics
- Robert Kennedy Jr. and Cheryl Hines' cozy appearance at Kennedy Center gala deemed 'very disrespectful' by fellow guests: source
- Gossip skeptic Andy Cohen concedes fame brings dog days; Elvis Costello says Grammys can wait
- 16 ways being a mom changes you
How Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton Are Bonding Over Motherhood: ‘Their Relationship Is Strengthening’ have 304 words, post on people.com at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.