Daniel Spence was no run-of-the-mill conman. The majority of his victims were the people who trusted him most: childhood friends, family members and men he met on dating apps. Grindr The man in the Grindr photo stared into the camera, his expression sullen yet enigmatic. In his bio he’d written “Be Kind.” But it was his Texas A&M football jersey that caught the attention of 26-year-old Casey Holliday as he scrolled through the dating app one evening last May. Holliday, who lives in Manhattan, attended rival Ole Miss, and the man reminded him of guys from college. His name was Daniel Spence.That night in Holliday’s Lower East Side apartment, Spence, 32, strode in with a confident look that impressed Holliday, who lived with two roommates in a buzzer-less 5th floor walkup. Spence wore a Ralph Lauren T-shirt and matching sweatpants, the sort of shabby-but-not-too-shabby weekend look of a Wall Streeter who only shopped at Nordstrom. “He was southern-frat handsome,” Holliday told me. With a slight paunch, patchy beard and parted bangs, Spence resembled “the kind of guys with dad bods, thinning hair and destined to make hundreds of thousands of dollars.”Subscribe to Observer’s Daily NewsletterSpeaking with a soft, lilting drawl,… Read full this story
- Catholic priest tried to meet dad on Grindr to abuse his toddler son
- Newly single? A beginner’s guide to the best dating apps
- 'He was a sexual outlaw': my love affair with Robert Mapplethorpe
- Sex without fear – my experiment with the HIV-prevention drug PrEP
- These are the 25 most important apps of the decade, from Tinder to Venmo
- Harry Potter fans troll JK Rowling after revelation about Dumbledore's sex life
- Season-Premiere Recap: Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way
- Recap: Oldies But Goodies
- Is Back and It’s Like It Never Left
- Fox News Host Urges Trump to 'Dump' Giuliani for Soliciting Business in Ukraine, Calls Attorney a 'Disaster,' 'Toxic'
The Grindr Grifter have 314 words, post on observer.com at June 4, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.