HOUSTON (AP) — Josh Reddick has made a habit of making outstanding defensive plays. His latest one saved the game for the Houston Astros on Thursday night. Reddick hit the tiebreaking RBI single and preserved Houston’s lead with a leaping grab over the wall in right field, and Wade Miley struck out seven in six solid innings as the Astros beat the Texas Rangers 4-2 for their fifth victory in six games. The Rangers led off the ninth with a walk by Shin-Soo Choo, followed by a single from Elvis Andrus. Roberto Osuna struck out Nomar Mazara and Reddick robbed Hunter Pence of a possible go-ahead home run with a leaping grab “He’s a strong guy and Reddick was tracking it; you just don’t know if it’s going to come down in time,” Houston manager AJ Hinch said. “And then he jumps up Spider-Man style and comes back with it. It’s a range of emotion, pretty much from (Uh, oh) to incredible catch.” Reddick said he was playing deep. “Fortunately, it wasn’t hit high enough, and I was able to jump up just high enough over the wall to get there,” Reddick said. Pence was wowed by the catch. “It’s… Read full this story
- Benches clear in Astros' win over Rangers
- Take advantage of the Astros and Rangers trending in different directions, plus other best bets for Tuesday
- Ryan Kent transfer news: Man Utd join race but Aston Villa lead way for Rangers star
- Astros' Jeremy Peña placed on injured list with hurt thumb
- Houston Astros squad stares down camera in new meme
- Astros’ Luis Garcia, Phil Maton throw immaculate innings in same game
- ESPN’s Mike Wilbon: White Sox are 'afraid' of Astros
- How safe is Astros' big lead in AL West? Here's what history tells us.
- Calamitous fifth inning burns Astros in loss to Blue Jays
- Astros' Jeremy Peña locked in a tight Rookie of the Year race
Reddick, Miley lead Astros to 4-2 win over Rangers have 320 words, post on apnews.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.