io9’s weekly roundtable Battle of Thrones is back to discuss Game of Thrones’ penultimate episode, “The Bells,” which could also have been titled “Everything’s on Fire” and “Well, That Character’s Dead Now Too.” Since we’ve already talked Lannistersr and dragons at length, we’re going to focus on a deeply personal, highly anticipated battle that finally took place amid the chaos of King’s Landing. Advertisement That battle, of course, is CLEGANEBOWL, which we once called “Game of Thrones’ most hyped fan theory.” After eight seasons and, really, a lifetime of mutual hatred, Sandor “The Hound” Clegane finally got the chance to fight his brother, Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane. Did it go the way we hoped? Let’s discuss! Cheryl Eddy: It finally happened. Did Cleganebowl live up to your expectations? Beth Elderkin: This is a tricky question to answer. Was it a cool battle? Yes. I loved seeing the Mountain without his armor on, taking a look at the monster he had become. It was beautifully shot, and well-executed. But do I feel it needed to happen at all? Not one bit. Cleganebowl is the perfect example of characters outliving a story. The Sandor Clegane we got to know in season one,… Read full this story
- ‘The Last Dance’: The 23 most fascinating takeaways from Episodes 7 and 8
- Longing for Long Beach
- Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning rivalry: From Brady's first start to Manning's last laugh, what you need to know
- EastEnders cast 2020: Who is new on the soap and who’s leaving?
- Dak Prescott, Cowboys contract talks: The wait continues, but the quarterback has already won
- John Ryder says super-middleweight rival Callum Smith has ready-made rematch waiting for him
- Top 12 Super Bowl runners-up ranked, from the 18-1 Patriots to the first AFL representative
- The MixtapE! Presents Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, The 1975 and More New Music Musts
- Preseason Top 25: No. 9 Penn State sets sights on finally joining the postseason elite
- UFC fights to book in summer 2020 include Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou, three championship bouts
io9 Punches Through That Long-Awaited Showdown in the Latest Episode of have 331 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.