By Jeff Mason and David Lawder WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday that trade talks with China were going well and he would only accept a “great” deal as negotiators hammered out differences ahead of a meeting between Trump and China’s vice premier later in the day. China and the United States are in the middle of intense negotiations to end a months-long trade war that has rattled global markets. Washington wants sweeping changes to China’s economic and trade policies, while Beijing wants Trump to lift expensive sanctions on Chinese goods. The White House has no plans to announce a date on Thursday for a trade summit between Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, senior administration officials said, though they would not rule out the possibility. Talks are scheduled to go through Friday and possibly longer. “If it’s not a great deal, we’re not doing it. But it’s going very well. Top officials are here. And we’re very well along on the deal. It’s a very complex deal. It’s a very big deal,” Trump told reporters. “It’ll be a great deal for our farmers. Technology, intellectual property theft — everything is covered. There’s not a thing… Read full this story
- Trump says Nike getting ‘killed’ over Colin Kaepernick deal
- Botterill: Main focus was draft as trade talks go nowhere -- for now
- Nationals GM says Bryce Harper ‘not going anywhere’
- Manny Machado doesn't worry about trade talks
- Nationals GM declines to dismiss Bryce Harper trade talk
- Spurs vs. Timberwolves: Jimmy Butler Could Play Opener Amid Ongoing Trade Talks
- NHL Rumor Roundup: Lightning take lead in Erik Karlsson trade talks; Stars out?
- MLB trade rumors: Braves, Rangers discussing deal for Adrian Beltre
- Timberwolves Ready To Trade Jimmy Butler In Right Deal, Several NBA Teams Interested
- Bam Adebayo: Hassan Whiteside is 'changing his mindset to be great' following trade talk
Trump says China trade talks going well, will only accept 'great' deal have 314 words, post on www.euronews.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.